Nausicä - lvl 70 priest

Join up!!! Please read our guild charter first, so you know what we are all about.
Nausicä
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Nausicä - lvl 70 priest

Post by Nausicä » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:15 am

Good morning everyone,

REQUIRED INFO

In-game name: Nausicä
Class/level: Priest/70
Professions: Herbalism/Inscription
Most likely found online (approx. times we might find you online, makes it easier for us to contact you): about everyday after 8:30pm server time, and any time of the day during the weekend.

How did you hear about the Trotters?: There are a few players I'm proud to call my friends who are members of the Trotters, and all I've heard from them made me believe the Trotters would be a good home for me :) Names are in particular Tiniane and Luzanne, who I've played with for a few years now across EQ and WoW on a US server. Spangles, Penney and Alysse (I hope I didn't forget anyone!) are old acquaintances too ^^

OPTIONAL INFO

Build you're currently using: I'm holy:7/54/0
Your Age: 27
Tell us about yourself, and why you want to join Trotters:
First, some game history needed here:
I've been playing WoW since the launch basically, hence a first experience on the US Terenas server in Clan nan Dreolan with some of my former EQ guildies (where I was already a healer ^^). We were a very nice little group, but as we were exactly 10 regular players, when 2 of us had a RL commitment that took them out of the game for a few months, we were basically stuck.

That's after this period that I transferred my character Ghimki (holy priest too!) on another US server (Hyjal) where a guild was playing at european friendly times. They are mostly people stuck like us who started on US servers, or military US peeps being in Europe. There, Karazhan and ZA were our main targets, with the odd Gruul/Mag runs. However, more and more were leaving to the EU servers, and we couldn't work on progression (even slow) for months.

In August I decided to reroll myself on the EU side, as I was moreover missing my old friends and it would be at least a good mean to keep in touch with them (not to speak about the latency rate...). I joined Underachievers on Quel'Thalas, but it is an environment a bit too professionnal and raid/loot-focused for me. I'd really like to find a happy medium between friendly people (that I know you are from my inside sources ;) ) and some progression. My goal in WoW is to discover new places and work on new challenges at our pace with my friends.

So, here I am today :)

On the RL side, I'm 27 and working in the online marketing field for a few years. Currently, I'm an account manager in a search marketing agency (those ads you can see on Google on the right, that's me!).

I've lived with my girlfriend for 4 years (who is playing on this server too, she's called Lisseut), and we are very happy to have moved from the Paris suburbs to Montpellier 6 months ago. Of course, if one of you is coming in the area for holidays, I'd be happy to have a drink with you ;-)

My main hobbies are fantasy (obviously!) (books - currently finishing the Black Company series from Glen Cook, movies and games), Japan (language, culture and people) and pets (I have 2 lovely cats at home and am helping at the local PETA regularly).

I think that's about it! :)

So, in short, if you're ready to have a healing freak (who likes that!) in your guild chat, I'd be very grateful to join the Trotters.

Of course, would you have any question, I'd be happy to answer to them.

Best regards,

Pierre
aka Nausicä

Tegnaro
Retired GM
Retired GM

Post by Tegnaro » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:39 am

Thanks for the App. Officer will be in touch.

Teg

tiniane
Guild Veteran
Guild Veteran

Post by tiniane » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:54 am

/happydance

I'm delighted to see this app and I fully support it :)

I've been guilded with Nausica (still can't figure out how to type the umlaut though :() in his many guises through EQ and WoW on the US servers, and I can say with confidence he is 100% Trotter material :)

It would be great to share green chat with you again Pierre.

Hugs,
Tiniane.
The permanently lost Druid

willbulle
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by willbulle » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:30 am

oooh, a fellow french on an english server.. let's see 2 here in TTL, 2 of you, one more on QT, that makes 5.

Bonjour ! :)

PS: in interests, you forgot to mention anything produced at Ghibli ? ;)

Nausicä
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Nausicä » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:38 am

Thanks for the kind messages :)

And yes Willbulle, Ghibli is a great studio! My character name comes indeed both from the movie and from the Greek mythology (well that's where Miyazaki took it first after all).

Best,

Noisy

PS: In my former guild, my nickname was "Noisy cow" as they coudn't pronounce it correctly in Ventrilo, so I guess it can keep being used :p

tiniane
Guild Veteran
Guild Veteran

Post by tiniane » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:07 pm

Noisy?! Now that's not a word I would use to describe you... ;)
The permanently lost Druid

lisseut
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by lisseut » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:36 pm

Well no he's not noisy in Vent and that made the nickname funnier ;) But we'll see if you Trotters lot can pronounce it better (French people excepted) :D

Hugs

Liss (Noisy's gf)

Nrubdoow
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post by Nrubdoow » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:25 pm

I studied German in my youth and must confess I was never much of a linguist so the subtletys of the umlaut were completely lost on me, and tbh i didn't fayre much better with French (although i did pass my o'level - that's an exam that we took in the olde days at 16 in the UK).

While i can't get an umlaut from my keyboard (at least not without lots of effort) my best guess on pronunciation would be a combo of:

Nausea and Corsica - Naus-ica.

Nausicä
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Nausicä » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:55 pm

Your memories of the French language seem pretty good to me, you got it right Nrubdoow ;)

Now let's just hope I'm not as annoying as a corsican nausea :?

ChuppaChup
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by ChuppaChup » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:26 am

Pierre

Great to see your app and it would be great to see you once again the green.

I have known Nausicä in both WoW and EQ for many years now, ever since a time when Prexus was down for an extended time and a friend and I bumped into two trolls on AB who it turned out were also killing time during the server outage.

I full support this app and believe that he would make a great addition to the guild.

PS. Tini Nausicä - easy Ctrl+C Ctrl+V FTW :twisted:

Pilosa
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Pilosa » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:25 pm

I like cheese and ham umlauts..

Hi mon ami- hope you two are both well:)

My acct is inactive atm, not really the time to play boo!

Nausicä
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Nausicä - lvl 70 priest

Post by Nausicä » Sat May 05, 2018 8:36 pm

Good evening all,

REQUIRED INFO

In-game name: Nausicä
Class/level: Priest/85
Professions: Herbalism/Inscription
Most likely found online (approx. times we might find you online, makes it easier for us to contact you): about everyday after 8:30pm server time.

How did you hear about the Trotters?: I joined the guild actually 10 (!) years ago to join friends of mine (Tiniane & Luzanne) and lived a more than pleasant experience in the Trotters family until I stopped playing WoW after the birth of my first child.

OPTIONAL INFO

Build you're currently using: I'm shadow to level currently, but normally I play holy
Your Age: 37
Tell us about yourself, and why you want to join Trotters:

Well this is kind of a resurrection for this priest (/cough).
Indeed, I have reactivated my WoW account and I would love to be part of the Trotters family again.

10 years later, my situation has changed: I'm now a father of 4 daugthers (aged 8/6/3.5/1.5) who deserve and get obviously a strong chunk of my time and attention, without forgetting my lovely wife :)
So yes, things can happen that sometimes have to be dealt with immediately, I may get AFK unexpectedly. I hope it won't become too much of a bother!

I have been working in the webmarketing area for 15 years, currently managing a team of 10 in an agency specialized on search engine advertisement (ads on top of Google results, that's me) and optimisation.
However, I plan a big change in my life in 2019 as I'd like to become an English teacher in France.

Being back in WoW is a (small) part of my training actually, as it's key to my mind to be able to be in contact with native speakers, moreover in a friendly and fun environment. I hope I'll be able to practice both written and spoken English with you! (and please don't hesitate to correct my sentences).

I'm a bit rusted in WoW obviously, so I'm learning again how to play: tips are more than welcome regarding in particular features from the latest expansions! (I'm just starting Pandaria zones now).

Would you have any question, I'd be very happy to answer to them!

Hopefully see you in green soon,

All the best,

Nausicä

Alaisha
Commander
Commander

Post by Alaisha » Sun May 06, 2018 12:03 pm

Hi - I remember you from Underachievers.... long time ago... I think that's where the Noisy Cow thing came from?

All the best with the app :)

Nausicä
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Nausicä » Sun May 06, 2018 2:18 pm

Hello Alaisha,

yes indeed there was the Underachievers experience before!
Glad to see you still on board and thanks for your support!

Nausicä

Nrubdoow
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post by Nrubdoow » Thu May 10, 2018 11:19 pm

Nausicä wrote:Good evening all,

and please don't hesitate to correct my sentences

Nausicä
That's missing a question mark - you should write it out 10 times to ensure that the mistake is not repeated!!

I missed the initial post as I seldom visit the forums at this stage in the expansion. It's great to have the pair of you back (that's you aswell Liss). The RL stuff sounds kind of familiar as many of us have gotten to a similar 'stage'. As before we've never any issues with RL being more pressing than WOW. It's likely that there are few familiar people around anymore, but I'm sure that you'll enjoy getting know the Trotters that have joined up during your sabbatical.

WB