Horde PVE server

All general chat regarding WoW
Gnairk
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Horde PVE server

Post by Gnairk » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:51 pm

I've been meaning to play a Horde character since forever, mainly to see content from the "other" side, like quests and storylines. I still have chars on Lightbringer from the days we used it as a place to meet when good old Quel'Thalas went down, but that hasn't really happened in ages and the chars are still below level 10.

I'd like to find a PVE-server with a good horde population, but the pages I've found so far have been a bit contradictory and I don't know which websites are more trusted than others. Since we have a few people in guld who has experience of more than just Quel'Thalas I thought I'd ask here if anyone had any ideas. On chat I sometimes see people calling Q'T a dead server which I find very strange because I find it alive, but then again I wouldn't know the difference as I've never exprienced any other server...
GnAirk - Frost Mage, questaholic, reputation mad, achievement hunter, tailor & enchanter,
Airk, Rift, Nighairk, Phrederick, Felpool

Moopy
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Re: Horde PVE server

Post by Moopy » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:57 pm

I can't really recommend a server as I don't really know all the English realms and how populated they are or not.

However, I can confirm that Quel'Thalas is maybe not dead, but very low populated. The major cities are lonely places, compared to the realms I played on before :mrgreen:

Wilward

Re: Horde PVE server

Post by Wilward » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:46 pm

QT has taken a real dive in the past few months - we went from High to Medium and seem to be howering around Low. Not that it really matters much as long as there are occasional world boss pugs happening (most zones are CRZ'd anyway).

Lot of the top populated realms are PVP - because the top guilds tend to choose those servers.
EU-Draenor seems to be fairly well populated (High) PVE realm and has clear horde bias so probably worth a try.

WoWprogress and similar sites (like GuildOx) are pretty good ones to look at when researching realm pop - like in the above you'll see that on Draenor 245 guilds have killed Horridon - on QT the corresponding number is 41. So it's probably safe to say Draenor has about 5 times the population Quel'Thalas has. And since 90% of those guilds were on Horde side, that side of the server is probably fairly busy.