Raids

All general chat regarding WoW
Rheon
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Raids

Post by Rheon » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:11 pm

Hello guys and gals, posted this as I'm looking for input aabout our raids and schedules, do you like the shorter mid-week raids? Would you like stuff changing, what do you all think about recruiting new members?

Looking for general input here random thoughts are welcome.

Do we have guildies who want to raid but are unsure on what to expect and how we do things?
Have we got people not sure on stats rotation and builds?
Is it time to invite puggers to our raids?
Would you like a cut-off time for signs so we can achieve this?
Got any freinds that woul like to join us?
Would you like another "new guy" raid?

Remember we are here for the benefit of our members please comment and maybe we can help you.

Solfix
Retired Officer
Retired Officer

Re: Raids

Post by Solfix » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:50 pm

Not sure this is what you are looking for but IMO.....

Do you like the shorter mid-week raids?
Yup :D

Would you like stuff changing?
TBH I'm happy as can be. I know raids are down but as I don’t have as much raiding time as I would like to anyway I don’t feel it affects me as much as others.

What do you all think about recruiting new members?
It seems we need to however I dont think it will solve our problems in the short term. New members may need time to become raiders, besides I read that many guilds are in our situation so we face a lot of competition on the recruitment front.

Do we have guildies who want to raid but are unsure on what to expect and how we do things?
Possibly though I suspect that any guildie who is unsure of this is most likely a very casual player not really looking to raid for a variety different of reasons (I have at least 2 RL friends in the guild whom this applies to).

Definitely though in the past that hasn't stopped them signing for a raid.

Is it time to invite pugers to our raids?
I don’t have a problem with this. Of course pugers can be bad characters but I think any bad apples would soon be whittled out. TBH I think we've reached a point where we have little choice but to go down this road. At least until the recruitment side of things has improved.

In WotLK I used to sometimes fill in for a guild's 25mans rather than PuG them via the raid finder. Their raids would usually consist of about 50% guild members & 50% pugers. Any pugers they thought were a good addition to their team, would be invited to their next 25man via the ingame calendar. Perhaps I'm being optimistic, however I don’t think it would take many raids to build up a list of non-Trotter players who can be relied on to be a pleasure to have along.

Ideally yes but not an hour before. Personally that doesn’t really help me at all i.e. may as well have none. The benefit I get from a cut-off time is I can see when I'm not raiding and make other plans or rather my girlfriend will make them for me (can already hear the vacuum cable unrolling /hide). Unfortunately an hour before raid start is too late for this old man to start making new plans.

Fortunately I have friends, unfortunately we wouldn’t want them ;-P

Not really but then I'm not really new :D

Kotoro
Guild Veteran
Guild Veteran

Post by Kotoro » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:07 am

Here are my own thoughts on the subject.

Do you like the shorter mid-week raids?

Yes. It is for me the easier to attend and it feel important to have at least three sessions in one lockout period in order to reach new bosses. Imo it could even be a little longer (23:30 ?) since two hours feel really short with all the time needed for getting ready when starting.

Would you like stuff changing, what do you all think about recruiting new members?

I agree we need some "new blood" to reach our new cata goals :)

I would say yes. Like Nausicä said before "better some raids with a few puggers than no raid at all waiting for a full trotters team". Hum, not sure of the quote but that is the general idea :)

It would be ideal but I agree with Solfix in that it should be an early cut-off time. It was 16 p.m. back in wotlk, the best imo would be at mid-day, if we have a full team ofc !

I got one french coward who left the game for being bored with all the immature comments he could read in his former guild chat. Unfortunately he finally decide to come back on a french server :/

Hum... I don't get the meaning of the question ! (tried to translate it in french but that doesn't help me a bit :))

See you in GC all,

Kotoro
Kotoro - Druid PVP

Raizek
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Raizek » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:42 am

do you like the shorter mid-week raids?

^^ What Kotoro said ^^

Would you like stuff changing, what do you all think about recruiting new members?

I think our approach to raiding is fine and I've no objections to active recruitment. The more the merrier - for the most part, as long as there is minimal guild drama. I've never seen in in TTL and I don't miss it from previous guilds.

I'm of the sentiment that it's better the raid with one or two puggers than abandon the raid.

I would find it tremendously helpful like to know a few hours in advance if a raid is on or off. If there's no longer a commitment on my part I can make other guilt-free plans :)

I'm not not sure what this is. I may have joined in 2009 but I still feel like a new guy because of all my offline time since joining but I'm happy with the raiding we're doing.
Raizek - Hunter. Purveyor of sarcasm and lunacy.

Armann
Commander
Commander

Post by Armann » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:48 am

Good to see a post about raids as we do have problems getting them going. My 2 cents:

do you like the shorter mid-week raids?
Yes I do! it suits my workschedule better than going to midnight. But could start at 20.00 or 20.30 imho

Would be nice to know where/if/who are going faster yes. Especially in the above stated raids if they are shorter. I have been in the situation several times now where I don't even know what spec I will be raiding in as I have been jumping in as tank lots but it can be damanding to keep both specs ready when I'm short on time.. I try to keep full stacks of food for both specs, flasks, elexirs and so on but it's easier to miss something when you're swaping specs all the time :) (Obok, tell me your secrets :wink: )

* Do we have guildies who want to raid but are unsure on what to expect and how we do things?
* Have we got people not sure on stats rotation and builds?
* Would you like another "new guy" raid?

I can't speak for others ofc but we do have several members who don't raid. I think that there might be a big mix of everything from "knows exactly what and how to do it but dont feel like raiding" to "want to raid but feel unsecure about it and so on" More info about everything concerning raids and a "new guy" raid or perhaps better labeled as a "new to raiding" raid is a good thing for those who needs it imo. I don't want to sounds too elitist but some understanding about stats and gearing is needed imo to be able to benefit your raiding team. It is always stated that "just ask and we'll help" but I think there should be some demands on how to be "raid ready" posted somewhere on our forum too. That way ppl can see beforehand what to expect etc. Not sure how to handle that part though as it's lots of information if we're trying to cover all classes/specs but a rough idea so far.. I love theorycrafting and discuss it all the time with ppl I know take it in the right way :)

Afraid not :(

I agree with the ppl above, better to raid with one or two puggers than not raiding at all atm.. Not ALL puggers are bad ppl and trying to find some solid ppl who can come back as Sol said would be the best way to handle it imo. As stated, lots of guild have the same problem now but there could always be an alt of someone in a solid raiding guild or something like that, I mean a person who knows his stuff but not raiding on that toon or whatever.. Might be a good idea to keep our eyes open in future randoms when we see decent ppl from QT and just ask them if the would like to join sometime? That could be better than just spamming trade.

New Trotters who fit in is ofc a good thing. I think it's hard to look for them though.. If they come they come. Not sure how to put this but do I want stuff changing, yes I do. I want to raid more and I want to clear the content.. It feels very frustrating atm to not get that many raids going and not having more bosses "on farm" :| I want to achieve this with you guys :)

oh, and a random thing. I kinda don't like the recent trend of (almost) always going to BH in the end of the raid night when we do get a raid going.. We can't progress if we "give up" and I'd rather wipe a few times more on a new boss than going to Argaloth who is easily puggable now. Sometimes it's a good idea but I think we've done it too much. Just my 2 cents.

Moonbow
Guild Veteran
Guild Veteran

Post by Moonbow » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:32 pm

Hi :)

I am totally unsure of what to expect, unsure of what I’m supposed to do, unsure if I’m even supposed to be in the raid. And I love it when I’m brave enough to ask to be invited anyway and completely happy when I am raiding with TTs. Best fun in the game.

I read about these things, feel I know a lot, then always find out that in fact there’s a lot more to learn. Game would be very boring without it.
I am kinda wondering why my lock’s DPS is so lousy …

Err… you mean, nice puggers, right? People that act like me when I pug? But then again, I don’t pug much anymore because of all the mean puggers…
How about inviting members of another guild in the same situation?

Yes. How about 3 PM ? It would help me to know ahead of time if I need to be extra charming to my beloved wife when I come home from work.

Got any friends that would like to join us?
Not at this time. All Dc'd or happily guilded elsewhere.

Not really. It wouldn’t be the same adrenaline high ;)
Last edited by Moonbow on Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...They think you're too raw / It's the judgement of the moon and stars /
Your solitary path..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMD7mcEpU6U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Raizek
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Raizek » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:57 pm

Moonbow wrote:Do we have guildies who want to raid but are unsure on what to expect and how we do things?

I am totally unsure of what to expect, unsure of what I’m supposed to do, unsure if I’m even supposed to be in the raid. And I love it when I’m brave enough to ask to be invited anyway and completely happy when I am raiding with TTs. Best fun in the game.
This was me mid-January, just before our first Cataclysm raid in BWD. Prior to that my previous raid was Onyxia 25 back in October 2009 and before that it was vanilla - all as a lock, not a hunter. Talk about rusty!

To anybody feeling the same and reluctant to sign because you're unsure about to expect, your experience or any other reason, don't - just sign and have fun. We are still learning the encounters, join us and learn. We're not "raid geared" decked out in epics and T11 but we are gradually gearing from raids. We do wipe, we do make mistakes, some people think it's cool to dive into lava, but whatever we do we sure as hell have a lot of fun doing it :)
Raizek - Hunter. Purveyor of sarcasm and lunacy.

Obok
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Obok » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:38 pm

Raizek wrote:...some people think it's cool to dive into lava, but whatever we do we sure as hell have a lot of fun doing it :)
Hehe.

Lava and elevators should be bosses imo, they deserve a salute! :P

ScoobyT
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Post by ScoobyT » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:07 am

Hey guys, hope your all good!..So my 2 cents then....

I like to raid! There`s been no un - expected nudity by Gnomes so all is good!

Warriors are in a weird place from what Iv gathered and there`s no be all end all theory crafting Iv come across yet similar to WoTLK so Iv been muddling my way through with a bit of trial and error. Cant speak for others. But Iv helped and will continue to help where possible.

We done it a of couple of times during WoTLK and it went well. A few pear shaped but thats expected. Seeing as I havnt been on for a while now I cant comment on the community at the the moment. But I get the feeling that numbers are dropping for WoW and they are looking else where, Rift coming to mind. But the people that are still with WoW should be I would think be the sort of people we are looking for? Again a complete guess. I have dabbled in Rift and the forums are pretty packed with people who have gotten to end game and are a bit dissapointed and are thinking about going back to WoW. Give it a bit of time and you`l probably see an influx of people again.

That helps alot. But looking at the way signs are happening we`re getting to like 8-9 people and sometimes you may get the one person who can make it and signs at 19:30 which can kick the raid off. Bit hit and miss with that one, but prior notice does help everyone. Also, puggers fall in to this category to. Some puggers are going to be last minute signs so is a cut of time going to work if we are going down the pug route?

Got any freinds that would like to join us?
Afraid not. Half dont even play Playstation that much, this would just baffle them

Ummm, if u mean a raid for new people then I would suggest BH for a kind of testing or practise ground if you like. The encounter`s got all the basics you need, stuff to avoid, tank swithing, mass healing, Dps`ing, things to dispel (I think). Its a quick encounter and even a nice warm up.

As stated earlier, if people are reluctant to sign then dont be! Dive in and get your feet wet. If your unsure then ask one of the raid leaders or another guildie before raid time to get an idea of the encounter. Some people like to watch videos, some like to read about them. I for one like to read, and a bit of video here and there. But if you dont ask then you cant be pointed in the right direction.

By the way Im suffering from withdrawl symptoms and it hasnt even been a month yet :shock:

Del Boy: Are you saying I'm stupid?
Rodney: Either that or it's the Chinese year of the dodo.

Armann
Commander
Commander

Post by Armann » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:06 am

Raizek wrote:some people think it's cool to dive into lava, but whatever we do we sure as hell have a lot of fun doing it :)
[/quote]

I see what you did there!